tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Trygve Hardersen <...@sl.cbs.dk>
Subject RE: 5.0.16 and 5.0.18 international character support
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2004 15:44:29 GMT

Thanks for the reply. Project never ran on 4.x, developed on 5.x starting
from 5.0.14. Using JSTL 1.1.

5.0.14:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
charset=utf-8" />

5.0.18:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
charset=utf-8" />

That is equal. However, the characters æøå are in plain text in the page,
but IE displays them incorrectly. I can't find any difference in the source
of the pages between 5.0.14 and later, which makes me wonder if the problem
is IE oriented. Thing is though, that IE displays everything correct on
5.0.14..... Installing Netscape now, Opera does not support xhtml with
script elements. Idea?

milx