tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Trygve Hardersen <...@sl.cbs.dk>
Subject 5.0.16 and 5.0.18 international character support
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2004 12:17:24 GMT
Hi all
I'm having a silly problem with 5.0.16 and 5.0.18, regarding the
Scandinavian characters æ, ø and å (probably others to). I've developed a
project using tomcat and struts, where both message resources and actual
data in the database contain these characters. Using 5.0.14 and prior, I've
not paid attention to the characters; just used plain text for both
resources and data. This has worked out just fine, regardless of user locale
(and thereby the lang option of the page), the characters have been rendered
properly. Attempting to stay up-to-date, I upgraded to 5.0.16 and later
5.0.18, but now the characters are Chinese-like (unreadable for a
Scandinavian). Anyone knows the cause of this?

The pages are all UTF-8, xhtml and there is no difference in handling of
message resources and model data.
Any help much appreciated!
milx