tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Merrill Cornish <merrill.corn...@earthlink.net>
Subject RE: Another Try at MySQL Connection Pooling
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2004 17:19:08 GMT
I think I read the using named pipes is faster, but that's not going to be a problem here.
 If I can't get named pipes to work, then I'll try using TCP/IP restricted to localhost.

Actually, this whole DataSource experiment has a questionable return on investment.  I already
have it working just fine with DriverManager using nothing more than the little README file
what comes with MySQL's Connector/J download.  However, I'd read that DataSource was "the
way to go" for the future, so I thought that switching from DriverManger to DataSource would
be a good exercise.  So far, all this exercise has given me is sore muscles.

Merrill