tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sergio <Apache-Tom...@yandex.ru>
Subject Help! Config of multiple hosts and JVM garbage.
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2004 06:12:56 GMT
Hi All! Guys, I need help!
My system is Windows 2003 Enterprise Server with Apache 2.0.48
I need Windows for 3rd part application, but because I hate IIS so I am
using Apache2(the best!!!).

1)Does somebody can help me with configuration of Tomcat 5.0.18 for multiple hosts? I need
to deploy
servlets separately for each user. Access will be configured in
httpd.conf of Apache2.0.48 Some people uses multiples instances of Tomcat for each user.
Somebody uses one instance of Jboss with various deployed folders (its actually my configuration
now). But I need to do that trick with Tomcat. The biggest problem for
me now - its to configure server.xml for two or more hosts. I cant
find it in documentation. If you can help with with any tips and/or your examples of
httpd.conf, workers.prop..s etc. (all related parts of configuration
of the servers) - please help.

2) How I can configure memory management for Tomcat (limits for memory using for each
process/application)? Is it possible somehow?

3) I have a problem with garbage of JVM caching. Any suggestions how I
can organize "autocleaning"? How can I minimize the usage of the disk
in this case?

Sorry for my english and Many thanks to all for your attention and for your time!