tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Werner van Mook <wer...@connecties.com>
Subject Re: jsp deployment
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2004 16:31:58 GMT
I had a similar problem with my jsp files.

I included as the toplines in my jsp files :

<%@ page contentType="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" language="java"
import="java.sql.*" errorPage="" %>
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
These lines are created by dreamweaver I just copied them from a
working jsp  file to the not working jsp file.

This seemed to solve my problems.

I don't know why it solved it.
To my knowledge every html file becomes a jsp file when you change the
extension.

Werner

On Feb 13, 2004, at 5:13 PM, BAO RuiXian wrote:

> Jerry Ford wrote:
>
>> Good suggestions, but, no, didn't work.
>> There are no config issues preventing Tomcat from serving files from
>> my webapp---html and servlets all work.  And I know Tomcat is serving
>> jsp files correctly; Tomcat's default examples work.
>
> Have you tried run your jsp file directly from Tomcat instead of via
> Apache? How about you copy one of the jsp files from the example jsp
> files to this directory to see it still works? I think your problem is
> just very trivial, somewhere wrong.
>
> Best
>
> Bao
>

>> Tomcat simply will not serve my .jsp file regardless of filetype
>> (tried it as .txt).  Permissions and file ownership are identical to
>> the permissions of the Tomcat example .jsp files, which do work.
>> I restart Tomcat everytime I make a change.
>> Still get the 404 when I call the jsp, even though the html files in
>> the same directory work fine, as do the servlets in the same webapp
>> space.
>>
>> Jerry
>>
>> Parsons Technical Services wrote:
>>
>>> Jerry,
>>>
>>> Just for a test, change the file name to end with .txt and see if
>>> the page
>>> is displayed.
>>>
>>> If it still fails. I would double check the permissions/ownership on
>>> that
>>> file.
>>>
>>> If it works, then try a restart. After a restart if it still fails,
>>> check
>>> your configs
>>> for an entry that might be blocking or redirecting the request.
>>>
>>> Just a novice throwing out ideas.
>>>
>>> Doug Parsons
>>> www.parsonstechnical.com
>>>

>>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jerry Ford"