tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Yiannis Mavroukakis <yian...@jaguarfreight.com>
Subject RE: javax.mail
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2004 17:29:57 GMT
This is assuming the Properties object you use, has been returned from
the javax.mail.Session object, correct?
You could go for the shotgun approach and set "mail.host" instead
of mail.protocol.host. If that doesn't work, make sure that
mysmtphost doesn't resolve to the machine serving your jsp.

Yiannis

-----Original Message-----
From: Duncan Smith [mailto:dsmith@deckertelecom.net]
Sent: 11 February 2004 17:18
To: Tomcat User List
Subject: javax.mail

Hi, sorry if this is the wrong mailing list but I think most people here
are Java programmers so:

I am using javax.mail to send a mail to myself if a particular problem
occurs on the server.  My code seems to work but, but it does not use
the smtp server which I am specifying. I cannot find a problem in my
code as it seems to be identical to examples which I have found.

I use the line:
props.put("mail.smtp.host", "mysmtphost");

to specify the smtp server (which is on a differant computer) but the
mail is being sent through the smtp server running on the same machine
as the jsp. Has anyone else had this problem at all, or am I just doing
something wrong?

-Duncan

service is powered by MessageLabs.

If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and
all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and
notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose,
intended recipient. Jaguar Freight Services and any of its subsidiaries
each reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its
networks.
except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized
to state them to be the views of any such entity.
service is powered by MessageLabs.