tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Yiannis Mavroukakis <>
Subject RE: HTTPS with Apache 2.0.48 and Tomcat 5.0.16
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 12:55:26 GMT
Best remove that line, stick it in your httpd.conf instead along with the

-----Original Message-----
From: Ralf Schneider []
Sent: 02 February 2004 12:16
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: HTTPS with Apache 2.0.48 and Tomcat 5.0.16

Am Montag, 2. Februar 2004 13:00 schrieb Yiannis Mavroukakis:
> This is an httpd question but here goes :)
> Just because you declared your virtual host/port pair that doesn't
> mean that httpd is listening to port 443.
> Therefore you need to add a Listen directive to your conf:
> Listen your_virtual_host_name:443

My ssl.conf contains the following line:

Listen 443

Do I have to insert the hostname here?

Version: GnuPG v1.2.1 (GNU/Linux)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

service is powered by MessageLabs.

If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and
all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and
notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose,
intended recipient. Jaguar Freight Services and any of its subsidiaries
each reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its
except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized
to state them to be the views of any such entity.
service is powered by MessageLabs.