tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jerald Powel <geraldpo...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject reclaiming memory problem
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2004 04:56:40 GMT

Hello,

 How might I reclaim memory, e.g after a session expires when a client browser is closed down?
Predicament: as I open up new client windows, the memory (viewed in Windows task manager)
creeps up with each new window opened. The app that is loaded creates a session and stores
various objects on it. But, when I close down a client window, the memory consumption remains
at it's peak (and climbs with each successive new client opened) In other words, memory consumption
increments but never decrements, necessitating a server bounce at unacceptable frequency.

      Why are the resources not being reclaimed, and how might I gently encourage resource
reclamation? I fear System.gc() is not the answer here.

Many thanks all for all input

G.

  Yahoo! Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger
Now