tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ben Souther <bpsout...@adelphia.net>
Subject Re: Tomcat and IIS question
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2004 23:42:49 GMT
I imagine that you've got Tomcat and IIS communicating behind a firewall, if
not on the same machine.  If only IIS is exposed to the internet, why would
you need communication between the two to be encrypted?

Also, If you aren't relying on IIS for encryption, why use it at all?  Why
not just use Tomcat as a stand alone and install the certificate there?

Are you running ASP apps too?