tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "gimme change" <gimmecha...@excite.com>
Subject RE: Hyperthreading performance dead !
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2004 13:11:16 GMT

I use tomcat 4.1.18 with sun 1.4.2_03 jdk, and the ht performance is much worse.  I am using
mod_jk 1.3 also.

 --- On Thu 02/26, Ralph Einfeldt < ralph.einfeldt@uptime-isc.de > wrote:
From: Ralph Einfeldt [mailto: ralph.einfeldt@uptime-isc.de]
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 13:49:22 +0100
Subject: RE: Hyperthreading performance dead !

jvm and the operating system. If these do a good job <br>in an ht environment, tomcat
part of tomcat that might directly use HT is the mod_jk[2] <br>connector. (Don't know
StokesP@quinn-direct.com [mailto:StokesP@quinn-direct.com]<br>> Sent: Thursday, February
26, 2004 1:30 PM<br>> To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org<br>> Subject: Hyperthreading
in Tomcat on a Hyperthreading Dell PC -<br>> identical to current production dell
bar HT. The app runs <br>> more than 20x as<br>> slow compared with existing
system. There is no difference at <br>> all hardware / software apart from HT.<br>>
e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org<br><br>