tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Anbu <flown2...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: One user seeing another user's data
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2004 15:07:45 GMT
Hello All,

I think that this problem (one user seeing another user's data) might be due to threadedness/concurrency
of Tomcat. Ofcourse there could be problem with the JSP application too.

Can anyone throw some light on the possible session mixups happening with Tomcat server? I
have seen the dev mailing list that such a thing happens when there are two or more tomcat
server instances.

Thanks and Regards,
Anbu

Kal Govindu <Kalg@waterfield.com> wrote:
We had this problem on our first JSP application. One of the things we
had to fix it was to remove all variable definitions from and
move them to .

Kal

-----Original Message-----
From: Antonio Fiol Bonnin [mailto:fiol.bonnin@terra.es]
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2004 2:17 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: One user seeing another user's data

Hi Kuloth,

Seatch Tomcat-user for "concurrency problems" or "threading issues".
There has been recent discussion on the topic.

Concurrency problems are the main source of session mix-up. Also look
for "instance variables" (hint: avoid them in Servlets)

Antonio Fiol

Anbu wrote:

>Hello Bill and All,
>
>Could any one of you throw some light on a problem that I am facing on
Apache 1.3.28/Mod-jk 1.2.0/Tomcat 4.0.6 setup?

>The problem is that an user could see someother user's data (some kind
of session mix up). When I searched the tomcat-dev list I found that
Bill had replied that the problem could be related to error handling and
it is not a synchorinazation problem.

>Bill, as you have already seen and analyized this issue, could you
please help me on this issue ?

>Thank you all in advance.
>
>Regards,
>Kuloth

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: All e-mail sent to or from this address will be received by the Waterfield
Group corporate e-mail system and is subject to archival, monitoring, and/or review by someone
other than the recipient or the sender.

This e-mail and any of its attachments may contain proprietary information, which is privileged
and confidential. This e-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to
which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the
contents of and attachments to this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If
you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently
delete the original and any copy of this e-mail and any printout. Thank you.