tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Brian Krisler <bkris...@bbn.com>
Subject Embedded Tomcat and Classpath issues.
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2004 16:44:55 GMT
Hello,

I have an application that has Tomcat embedded, running Xindice.
I would like to start Tomcat when my application starts which works
just fine if Tomcat jars are the only jars specified on the VM classpath.
However I also need to have Xindice jars on the classpath since my
application uses Xindice, through Tomcat.  Is it possible to tell Tomcat
to ignore the System classpath when starting?  I think this would solve
my problem.

The problem seems to be that including Xindice jars on the classpath,
so my application can use them, invalidates the jars that are in webapps
for Xindice.

Thanks

Brian