tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Evgeny Gesin <evgenyge...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: using jar files in place of class files
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2004 11:22:09 GMT
I set ownership tomcatUser:tomcatUser and permission
770 to the entire path
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/app/WEB-INF/lib, including jar
files under 'lib',  and then got that exception again.
More advice?

Evgeny Gesin
Javadesk

--- "Filip Hanik (lists)" <devlists@hanik.com> wrote:
> ----- Root Cause -----
> java.io.IOException: Permission denied
> 	at
> java.io.UnixFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native
> 
> you have a permission issue on your filesystem,
> make sure the entire tomcat tree is owned by the
> user running tomcat
> 
> Filip
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Evgeny Gesin [mailto:evgenygesin@yahoo.com]
> Sent: Sunday, February 22, 2004 8:46 AM
> To: Tomcat Users List
> Subject: Re: using jar files in place of class files
> 
> 
> When I add any JAR in the WEB-INF/lib I got the
> following exception. Any advice?
> 
> Evgeny Gesin
> Javadesk
> 
> 2004-02-22 18:38:09 WebappLoader[/myapp]: Deploying
> class repositories to work directory
> /usr/java/tomcat/work/Catalina/127.0.0.1:80/myapp
> 2004-02-22 18:38:09 WebappLoader[/myapp]: Deploy JAR
> /WEB-INF/lib/myapp.jar to
> /usr/java/tomcat/webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/lib/myapp.jar
> 2004-02-22 18:38:10 ContextConfig[/myapp] Exception
> processing JAR at resource path
> /WEB-INF/lib/myapp.jar
> javax.servlet.ServletException: Exception processing
> JAR at resource path /WEB-INF/lib/myapp.jar
> 	at
>
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.tldScanJar(ContextConfig.java:930)
> 	at
>
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.tldScan(ContextConfig.java:868)
> 	at
>
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.start(ContextConfig.java:647)
> 	at
>
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.lifecycleEvent(ContextConfig.java:
> 243)
> 	at
>
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSuppor
> t.java:166)
> 	at
>
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:3582)
> 	at
>
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1188)
> 	at
>
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:754)
> 	at
>
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1188)
> 	at
>
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:363)
> 	at
>
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:497)
> 	at
>
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:2190)
> 	at
>
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:512)
> 	at
>
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:400)
> 	at
>
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:180)
> 	at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
> Method)
> 	at
>
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39
> )
> 	at
>
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl
> .java:25)
> 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
> 	at
>
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)
> ----- Root Cause -----
> java.io.IOException: Permission denied
> 	at
> java.io.UnixFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native
> Method)
> 	at java.io.File.checkAndCreate(File.java:1314)
> 	at java.io.File.createTempFile(File.java:1402)
> 	at java.io.File.createTempFile(File.java:1439)
> 	at
>
sun.net.www.protocol.jar.URLJarFile$1.run(URLJarFile.java:169)
> 	at
> java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native
> Method)
> 	at
>
sun.net.www.protocol.jar.URLJarFile.retrieve(URLJarFile.java:164)
> 	at
>
sun.net.www.protocol.jar.URLJarFile.getJarFile(URLJarFile.java:42)
> 	at
>
sun.net.www.protocol.jar.JarFileFactory.get(JarFileFactory.java:68)
> 	at
>
sun.net.www.protocol.jar.JarURLConnection.connect(JarURLConnection.java:85)
> 	at
>
sun.net.www.protocol.jar.JarURLConnection.getJarFile(JarURLConnection.java:6
> 9)
> 	at
>
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.tldScanJar(ContextConfig.java:906)
> 	at
>
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.tldScan(ContextConfig.java:868)
> 	at
>
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.start(ContextConfig.java:647)
> 	at
>
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.lifecycleEvent(ContextConfig.java:
> 243)
> 	at
>
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSuppor
> t.java:166)
> 	at
>
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:3582)
> 	at
>
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1188)
> 	at
>
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:754)
> 	at
>
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1188)
> 	at
>
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:363)
> 	at
>
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:497)
> 	at
>
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:2190)
> 	at
>
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:512)
> 	at
>
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:400)
> 	at
>
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:180)
> 	at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
> Method)
> 	at
>
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39
> )
> 	at
>
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl
> .java:25)
> 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
> 	at
>
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)
> 
> __________________________________
> Do you Yahoo!?
> Yahoo! Finance: Get your refund fast by filing
> online.
> http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html
> 
>
---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail:
> tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail:
> tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
> ---
> Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.
> Checked by AVG anti-virus system
> (http://www.grisoft.com).
> Version: 6.0.585 / Virus Database: 370 - Release
> Date: 2/11/2004
> 
> ---
> Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
> Checked by AVG anti-virus system
> (http://www.grisoft.com).
> Version: 6.0.585 / Virus Database: 370 - Release
> Date: 2/11/2004
> 
> 
>
---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail:
> tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail:
> tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
> 


__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail SpamGuard - Read only the mail you want.
http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org


Mime
View raw message