tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ben Souther <bsout...@fwdco.com>
Subject Re: Disable Directory Listing for Specific Apps.
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2004 16:35:43 GMT
That would do except that we are allowing customers to create directories and
have no guarantee that the welcome file will exist there.

It would be nice if we could disable directory listing for the entire app from
within the war file.  We have no guarantee that they won't be using the same
instance of Tomcat for other apps and we are hoping to avoid walking
customers through editing the global web.xml file.

It's starting to look like this isn't possible..  :-(

On Thursday 19 February 2004 05:44 pm, Parsons Technical Services wrote:
> If I understand the notes correctly, if you simply include a welcome file
> then TC will not serve up the directory listing. This is also how my setup
> acts. It will not show the directory for my app which has an index file.
> And the global web.xml is untouched.
>
> See the notes in the global web.xml and Servlet 2.4 specifications.
>
> Doug
> www.parsonstechnical.com

Ben Souther
F.W. Davison & Company, Inc.