tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ben Souther <bsout...@fwdco.com>
Subject Mapping URLs to directories outside of a webapp.
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2004 15:09:31 GMT
Is it possible to map a URL to a directory outside of a webapps's context?

Our app has one directory that our customers use to store and display their
own static webpages.  It would be useful to us to be able to keep that
directory outside of the webapp's dir structure.  Sort of a 'virtual
directory'  within a webapp.

This would allow users to upgrade our app by simply deleting the exiting war
and redeploying with the newer version. They wouldn't have to worry about
mobving thier pages out and then back in after the re-deploy.

We have customers running both *nix and windows so we can't rely on symlinks
for this.

Thank you
--
Ben Souther