tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jose Alfonso Martinez <tril...@linuxcenter.com.mx>
Subject displaying line numbers in errors
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2004 20:50:08 GMT
Hello,

When exceptions are thrown in my servlets and the Stack Trace is printed, I can see that java
can find the line where the error ocurrs in some classes, and in some others not. For example:

In some classes here, actually my own classes, it says "Unknown Source"

ERROR:  value too long for type character varying(20)
org.postgresql.core.QueryExecutor.execute(QueryExecutor.java:131)
org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Connection.ExecSQL(AbstractJdbc1Connection.java:505)
org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc1Statement.java:320)
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:48)
org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.execute(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:230)
com.cevex.data.InscritoData.write(Unknown Source)
com.cevex.servlet.InscribeServlet.inscribe(Unknown Source)
com.cevex.servlet.InscribeServlet.doPost(Unknown Source)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:760)

How can I do for my classes to be shown with the line number where the exception is thrown????

I guess this is just a classpath issue. Pointers are appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Jose