tomcat-users mailing list archives

From bpsout...@adelphia.net
Subject Point URL to a directory outside of the webapp's context.
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2004 00:49:43 GMT

Is it possible to map a URL to a directory outside of a webapps's context?

Our app has one directory that our customers use to store and display their
own static webpages.  It would be useful to us to be able to keep that
directory outside of the webapp's dir structure.  Sort of a 'virtual
directory'  within a webapp.

This would allow customers to update our app by simply blowing it away and
re-deploying from the latest war file without having to move their files out
first and then back in after deployment.

We have customers running both *nix and windoze so we can't rely on symlinks
for this.

Thank you