tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jose Alfonso Martinez <tril...@linuxcenter.com.mx>
Subject Re: How to know when Tomcat has completed startup?
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2004 19:39:51 GMT
On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 03:44:53PM +0000, James Neville wrote:

> Cancel that - this is called *before* any of the servlets are initialised :(
> Any better ideas?

James, do you need the servlets to be already initialized???

Because Tomcat can be completly set up, and still none of the servlets being initialied. A
servlet initializes the first time it is requested. Therefore, if not invoked, it can pass
many hours before it gets initialized.

A posible solution could be to add a <load-on-startup> entry in your web.xml
so that the servlet(s) get automatically initialized...

Another thing to consider is that the connector between Tomcat and Apache is also set up.
Because Tomcat and Apache may be completly set up, but the connector takes a little longer
(at lest in my case) therefore you may get a HTTP Error.

I hope this helps, let me know how you solved it

Jose