tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Avinash Sridhar" <smartnas...@rediffmail.com>
Subject Help!!!! regarding a simple jsp file in Tomcat 5.0.16
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2004 20:39:21 GMT
Hi,
A simple JSP page is present in the "ROOT" directory under the sampleapp directory,which is
not in the <TOMCAT_HOME> installation directory,i.e no way concerned with the TOMCAT
installation directory.
My question is
1) without changing the web.xml written by me (for execution of servlet files) Should we have
to change something ??????????
2) without changing the sever.xml file in <TOMCAT>/conf/server.xml is this the right
way to invoke the .jsp page as below Should we have to change something

invoking is

 http://localhost:8080/sampleapp/MyJsp.jsp

How do I give somethng like this ??????????

Kindly let me know
Help would be appreciated

thanks
AS