tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Eric Prévost <ep_tom...@yahoo.ca>
Subject Re: DBCP and removeAbandoned
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2004 17:44:35 GMT
There is only one application on this tomcat server... It's easy to identify these connections
on SQL server.  Also, there is no explicit database connection in the application code: it
all pass through JNDI.

I also tried to increase my maxActive setting to 100.  It didn't change anything.

I set logAbandoned to true. I never see anything related to dbcp in my logs except this, in
calatina.out:
AbandonedObjectPool is used (org.apache.commons.dbcp.AbandonedObjectPool@b82bbc6)
   LogAbandoned: true
   RemoveAbandoned: true
   RemoveAbandonedTimeout: 10

What can it be?  Maybe someone stored a resultset in session?

SMaric <stefan.maric@eaac.co.uk> wrote:
When you say 'the connections was still alive this morning'
How are you testing for connections being abandoned

Also your
maxActive = 50 // doesn't this mean you shouldn't get more tahn
50 connections from the pool

if this is true (& working) then HOW do you know that the 80 connections are
from this Pool ???

Are you are the only point of connection to the DB

"Eric Prévost" wrote in message
> I did my tests yesterday, and the connections was still alive this
morning... I also tested 5 seconds before.