tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ben Souther <bpsout...@adelphia.net>
Subject Re: TC 5 production use
Date Sat, 07 Feb 2004 20:01:42 GMT
On Saturday 07 February 2004 12:18 pm, you wrote:
> > We run Tomcat on 8080 using Cisco Routers for port redirection.
> > Nobody has to type in a port number.
>
> Well, I agree that would work for everyone who just buys some hardware to
> give the illusion of using port 80.  Of course, running tomcat on port 80
> itself would be nice if anybody knows if/whether JSVC can mimick the
> "-security" argument of catalina.sh.
>
> And the best part is that we're happy to know that some more heavily used
> production sites are using TC 5, which was the original question and
> interest!
>
> David

I was responding you question as to whether or not a REAL production site can
run on ports other than 80/443.  I gave one example.  I'm sure that Mr,
Shapira's end users do not have to type port numbers into the address bar in
order to see his application.

As to your original question..
It would be nice to get some testimonies from people/companies using Tomcat
for heavily used applications.