tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Yan Lin <yansheng_...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: encoding-problem with tomcat, jk2, apache
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2004 17:03:07 GMT
(SORRY IF THIS IS A DUPLICATE, MY MESSAGE DIDN'T GO
THROUGH?  I AM USING A DIFFERENT ACCOUNT.)

---------------
Oh hi, I researched on the following problme last
night.  And like you said, I could display my Japanese
UTF-8 encoded file with Tomcat correctly, but not with
Apache-Tomcat-jk2.  Somehow the charset was still
iso-8859-1.  I couldn't figure out why apache didn't
use the UTF-8 encoding defined in httpd.conf:
	AddCharset UTF-8       .utf8

So my quick fix was to change the default charset to
UTF-8:
	AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

After that I could see in my header, the charset is
utf-8.  And I could view the Japanese hiragan's with
Apache.  But since all my pages were display under
utf-8, the font was kind of screwed up(utf-8 has less
font support).  So I don't think I found the solution
to your problem.  And I couldn't spend more time on
that. Let me know if you get this one figured out.

Have fun!

-Yan