tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michiel Meeuwissen <Michiel.Meeuwis...@omroep.nl>
Subject Re: charset problem
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2004 21:23:37 GMT
Sander de Boer <sander@list.eo.nl> wrote:
> Since I have upgraded to tomcat 4.1.29(from 4.1.27) tomcat sets a default
> charset(ISO-8859-1)
>
> I set:
> <% response.setContentType("audio/x-pn-realaudio"); %>
> <%@page language="java" contentType="audio/x-pn-realaudio" %>
>
> Tomcat gives:
>
> I have also tried tomcat 4.1.30(alpha) but with the same problem.
>
> So, what is the problem?

Of course it should not really be a problem, because specifying the correct
charset when you are specifying the content type should be rather
straight-forward.

But I gather that you  want it _not_ to specify the charset because a
certain program (real-player) completely chokes in that?

To work around this kind of troubles I agree that it should be possible to
explicitely set the content type while explicitily _not_ setting the
charset.

Why is that not possible?

 Michiel

--