tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sale Rahul <rahuls...@yahoo.com>
Subject Problem while accessing the MSSQL from tomcat
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2004 17:05:37 GMT
Hello All,
We are in deep trouble.Here is the problem, we are
facing.
First let me elobarate the scenario.
We have Tomcat 4 running on the Linux box.We are
trying to access the MS-SQL which is running on the
Win2k .
We are using Datasource to access the MS-SQL from Java
Servlets. It has been observed that ,after hardly 10
to 20 requests there is Pipe broken error.
We are accessing servlet from web browser.And we are
NOT pressing STOP button when we can this URL.Why I am
saying this is , in one of the bug report with ID
4663,
it has been mentioned that in case the user presses
the stop button in between , then in that case there
is a problem of pipe broken.But we are not doing it
any time.So not sure why is hat happening and how to
fix it.

Actual Exception in the catalina.out is as follows :

java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000
Driver for JDBC]Error establishing socket.
	at
com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.createException(Unknown
Source)
	at
com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.getException(Unknown
Source)
	at
com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.getException(Unknown
Source)
	at
com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSConnection.<init>(Unknown
Source)
	at
com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerImplConnection.open(Unknown
Source)
	at
com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseConnection.getNewImplConnection(Unknown
Source)
	at
com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseConnection.open(Unknown
Source)
	at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseDriver.connect(Unknown
Source)
	at
java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:512)
	at
java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:171)
	at com.apsora.jsp.DataSrc.connect(DataSrc.java:24)
	at
com.apsora.jsp.DataSrc.getQueryResult(DataSrc.java:38)
	at
org.apache.jsp.TestJSP_jsp._jspService(TestJSP_jsp.java:123)
	at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(Unknown
Source)
	at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(Unknown
Source)
	at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)
	at
org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:261)
	at
org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:360)
	at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:604)
	at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:562)
	at
org.apache.jk.common.SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:679)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:619)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)
java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000
Driver for JDBC]Error establishing socket

Please help.

Thanks in advance ...

Sincelry
Rahul