tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Lin <tcw00l...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Script for Tomcat monitoring
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2004 16:29:27 GMT

well a few months back I started to work on a monitor for JMeter. The current tomcat status
servlet actually outputs HTML and XML. The idea I has was to have a monitor that can periodically
hit tomcat to get the server stats.

I wanted to be able to setup automated load tests for tomcat and get periodic measurements
to see how the server was doing and compare it to the response time. One of these days I may
get back to it and finish the thing. If you're interested in implementing it, email me directly
and I can assist you.

peter lin

Pete Stokes <stokesp@quinn-direct.com> wrote:
Hi.

I want to get / write a big brother script for Tomcat to monitor items
like how many threads are busy, mem free, number of sessions etc. Does
any1 know of a script in existance (tried deadcat.net), and also does
anyone know a quick and easy way to get the stats out from the manager
page in Tomcat?

Thanks,
Pete.

in error please notify the system manager.
This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the
presence of computer viruses.