tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Lin <tcw00l...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: access log
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 13:26:06 GMT

Log4J comes with a database appender, so in theory one could feed access logs to a database
asynchronously.

peter lin

Tim Funk <funkman@joedog.org> wrote:
There is already JDBCAccessLogValve. Look there first. I think there might be
bugzilla report or two against it so I don't know how good it is.

Personally I don't like using a database as an access logger. (Unless the
database is asynchronously filled using a buffer)

-Tim