tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Avinash Sridhar" <smartnas...@rediffmail.com>
Subject Compiling a Servlet file
Date Sun, 01 Feb 2004 23:02:01 GMT
hi all,
    I am having trouble in compiling the HelloServlet.java file,When I type in javac HelloServlet.java
file,I get the following errors

/**************Errors while compiling**********************/

HelloServlet.java:2: package javax.servlet does not exist
import javax.servlet.*;
^
HelloServlet.java:3: package javax.servlet.http does not exi
import javax.servlet.http.*;
^
HelloServlet.java:13: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class HttpServlet
location: class HelloServlet
public class HelloServlet extends HttpServlet {
                                  ^
HelloServlet.java:14: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class HttpServletRequest
location: class HelloServlet
                    ^
HelloServlet.java:15: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class HttpServletResponse
location: class HelloServlet
                    HttpServletResponse response)
                    ^
HelloServlet.java:16: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class ServletException
location: class HelloServlet
      throws ServletException, IOException {
             ^
6 errors

/**************Errors while compiling**********************/

I have written a batch file tomcat.bat like this

set classpath=;E/tomcat/tomcat-5/common/lib/servlet-api.jar
set classpath=;E/tomcat/tomcat-5/common/lib/jsp-api.jar

The tomcat.bat file is in the same folder as the source file HelloServlet.java.

Kindly let me know.

Help would be appreciated

Thanks
AS