tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "John, Abhilash (Cognizant)" <jabhi...@chn.cognizant.com>
Subject RE: Very Very Slow performance of Tomcat
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2004 08:28:17 GMT
Most probably it'll be the problem of lot many open db connections floating around. Make sure
that all your db connections are closed after the db operation.

Best regards,

Abhilash John

-----Original Message-----
From: Antonio Fiol BonnĂ­n [mailto:fiol.bonnin@terra.es]
Sent: Wednesday, 18 February 2004 1:26 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Very Very Slow performance of Tomcat

Is maxProcessors lower than Apache's MaxClients?

Are you hitting the max. number of connections to your database?

When it goes slow, does it hang later?

Are you closing all your connections to the DB?

Q: ---> Is there a "checklist" somewhere for this kind of things? It
would be useful for nearly everyone.

Antonio Fiol

Deepak Hegde wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I am running Tomcat 4 and Apache 1.3 and Struts Framework on Sun Sparc
>machine having O.S 5.8 version.
>
>Web application is developed to use Postgres Database also.
>
>I am facing lots of performance issues with Tomcat i.e sometimes tomcat process hangs
and website stops opening and some times it goes very slow. The Problem gets sloved when i
restart the tomcat service again.