tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Merrill Cornish <merrill.corn...@earthlink.net>
Subject RE: Another Try at MySQL Connection Pooling
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2004 22:34:41 GMT
Jay,

  >>> once in my .WAR, and once as a result of my Ant deploy task

  I have yet to move to that plane of confusion.  I'm not using a META-INF directory or a
.WAR file since I'm still trying to figure out WHAT to deploy.  I am manually editing

  * the conf/server.xml file (to change the default ports, but nothing else),

  * the webapps/timesheet/* directory (to hold the application),

  * the webapps/WEB-INF/web.xml file (to name and map the various servlets, etc.), and

  * conf/Cataline/localhost/timesheet.xml (to define the context).

I think it's time I reverted to DriverManager and got on with other things.  While Tomcat
DataSources are proved to be a learning experience with a vengance, it hasn't been a very
positive one.  :-(

Nevertheless, thanks for your help and support.

Merrill