tomcat-users mailing list archives

From amit varshney <amit_varsh...@sify.com>
Subject Need Help in Session Management !!!
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2004 05:32:50 GMT
I want to use  tomcat user authentication in my application. for that i am using JDBCRealm.I
have set the security constraint in the web.xml. So when  a request for the restricted page
comes a login page comes.
 But the problem is that it is submitting to the j_security_check and the textboxes are named
j_username and j_password respectivley.I want session mangemant in my application. For that
I need the login name of the person on my each page. How can I pass the username from login
page to my page. is it possible to maintain session using tomcat user authentication or should
i go for my own authentication and session management.

Plz help me
Thanks in advance
Amit Varshney

Still single? Click here to find the perfect match.

http://www.bharatmatrimony.com/cgi-bin/bmclicks1.cgi?141