tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nicholas Bernstein <n...@docmagic.com>
Subject Re: done did not found a worker
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2004 00:44:55 GMT
On Mon, 2004-02-09 at 16:41, Charles Daniel wrote:
> Nicholas:
>
> Give up trying to use Apache2 with mod_jk.  After spending days on the message boards
trying to solve this one, I was ultimately told by the so-called "experts" that  "I had a
network configuration problem and that some process was likely to be either already using
or blocking port 8009".

> Poppy-Cock! Boulder Dash!  I decided to attempt installing JK2 on the same server just
to see if it would work.  Guess what?  JK2 and Apache2 worked on my first attempt.  So much
for getting advice from the EXPERTS!  JK2 is not recommended if you are in a production environment
however.  JK2 is too young and untested for production environments and exploitable bugs and
stability problems may arise.

> If you are building a production system -or- you just insist on using mod_jk then revert
back to Apache 1.x. w/ mod_jk. Otherwise you may never get your server working.

> That's just the opinion of one who has suffered long enough with the Apache2 mod_jk
SNAFFU. IMHO that combo just doesn't work together inspite of what Apache says.  And if anybody
thinks I'm wrong then they had ample time to help me when I was posting help requests concerning
this issue all over the www. As it stands few would touch it with a ten foot pole. And the
few who did were wrong.

> Osensei
> daniel_charles@hotmail.com<mailto:daniel_charles@hotmail.com>

Daniel:
Thanks for your reply. Honestly, I was getting to the point where I was
going to give it one more day and then try using apache 1.x instead.
Thanks for taking the time. I appreciate it.

-Nick

| Nicholas Bernstein            | nick@docmagic.com             |
| UNIX Systems Administrator    | http://www.docmagic.com       |
| Document Systems Inc.         |  				|
| gpg: F706 8C4E 78FA DDDD 53A0 019F D983 FE28 2002 D1F3	|