tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Parsons Technical Services" <parsonstechni...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Another Try at MySQL Connection Pooling
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2004 19:13:40 GMT
Merrill,

I may end up eating a little sole, but I have had shoe before.

Your name for the jdbc is wrong. It should be:

<!-- Class name for mm.mysql JDBC driver -->
    <parameter>
       <name>driverClassName</name>
       <value>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</value>
    </parameter>

Yeah, I know the notes said otherwise. They were written prior to MySQL
taking on the drivers officially.

As for "jdbc/TimesheetsDB" it should be fine.

Let us know....

Doug Parsons
www.parsonstechnical.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "Merrill Cornish" <merrill.cornish@earthlink.net>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 12:43 PM
Subject: Re: Another Try at MySQL Connection Pooling

> David,
>
> I THINK I've figure out that MySQL's Connector/J jar worked in jre/lib/ex
when I was using DriverManager because only MySQL needed to see it, and it
knew to look in jre/lib/ex.  However, with DataSource, I'm assuming it's
Tomcat who needs to see it, so it needs to be in Tomcat's common/lib.

> So I put Connect/J's jar in common/lib--and it still failed in the same
manner.

> I'm wondering if the actual error message MIGHT be giving a clue.  It says
"Name jdbc is not bound in this Context" when the only thing that EVER
appears in any of the XML is "jdbc/TimesheetsDB".

>   * Does this imply that "jdbc/TimesheetsDB" is wrong and the entries
should be something like simply "TimesheetsDB"?

>    * Does this imply that "jdbc" has to be declared in some manner before
"jdbc/TimesheetsDB" can be declared?