tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Karan" <jas...@ISI.EDU>
Subject Promlem calling RMI server from Tomcat 4.1.29
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2004 22:46:18 GMT
Hello All,

I'm facing a strange problem while trying to make calls to a RMI server from Tomcat ver 4.1.29.

The RMI client runs fine as a standalone program but the put under servlet or invoked by a
webservice running under Tomcat, it gives the below mentioned error. Also another observation
is that I can use methods for which I have to pass strings when I have to pass objects, I
get the error.

java.rmi.MarshalException: error marshalling arguments; nested exception is: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
 at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(

The RMI server is Redhat Linux and Tomcat under windows XP home.

Any help appreciated.

- Karan