tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Stör <mar...@frightanic.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 4.1.27 hotfix - how to install
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2004 21:05:56 GMT
----Original Message----
From: Jose P. Gisone [mailto:jgisone@sofwerks.com]
Sent: Dienstag, 3. Februar 2004 20:54
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Tomcat 4.1.27 hotfix - how to install

> David,
>
> Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, I cannot use version
> 4.1.30, since versions 4.1.27 and 4.0.6 are the only two Tomcat
> versions supported by the vendor of another software application.
>
> I am moving ahead with 4.0.6 at this time (so far with decent
> results), while I try to find out from the vendor if they believe the
> hotfix is necessary while using 4.1.27. If they do, I will try to
> find out more information about how to apply the hotfix at that time.

It's fairly easy. If you unzip (I presume you're on Windows) the hotfix
it shows that the file is in path
server/classes/org/apache/catalina/core, right? Just unpack it to
%CATALINA_HOME%. There is also a server/classes directory. The
org/apache/etc. subdirs will usually be created automatically.
StandardContext.class is actually part of catalina.jar in
%CATALINA_HOME%/server/lib. Since the classloader searches the classes
directory first the old StandardContext.class will simply be ignored.

Regards,
Marcel