tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "****************" <mgic...@comcast.net>
Subject RE: Viewing errors
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2004 04:01:54 GMT

Leo,

You could use log4j and configure it to output to the console.  Attached
is a sample log4j.properties file.

Here is how you would declare the logger instance in a class
public static Logger log = Logger.getLogger(DbUtilTester.class);

Manuel

-----Original Message-----
From: Leo Tomcat [mailto:llarraquy@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2004 7:44 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Viewing errors

Hi all, I'm using Tomcat 4.0.6 and I've already installed it as a
service.
My problem now, is that I can't see the console that was so usefull for
viewing when some exception was thrown, or just for debugging using
System.out.println.
I've searched the log files at $TOMCAT_HOME\logs and I couldn't find any
of the logs that my webapp leaves.
I've tried System.err and nothing happend.
Does any one know, how to send my my error-logs or simplier logs to a
file??
Is that configurable or a code matter??

Thanks