tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Yansheng Lin" <>
Subject RE: encoding-problem with tomcat, jk2, apache
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2004 15:31:49 GMT
Hi Stefan, you figured out this problem yet.  I would like to know what was
causing the problem:).  Did you take a look at the header?  Compare the headers
generated when running tomcat standalone with running apache-tomcat to see the
difference.  (I used a Encoding Filter for my i18n application, so far all the
development had been done on a localhost).  

Good luck!


-----Original Message-----
From: news [] On Behalf Of Stefan Burkard
Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 10:41 AM
Subject: encoding-problem with tomcat, jk2, apache

hello tomcat-users

i've set up a cocoon-page with tomcat, apache and jk2. everything works 
fine as long as i just use languages with standard-encoding iso-8859-1.

now i'm on the way to implement the russian version of the site and 
therefore i need to display russian (cyrillic) characters.

if i connect on tomcat-standalone with port 8080, the russian characters 
are displayed correct.
but if i connect via apache and jk2, alle cyrillic characters go wrong. 
i think apache delivers the page with iso-8859-1 instead of utf-8.

does anybody know if this is a problem of apache or jk2 and how to solve 


To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message