tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Yansheng Lin" <yansheng....@silvacom.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat, Oracle and connection caching.
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2004 22:23:10 GMT
I get the following error if I don't configure my Datasource JNDI right.  What
kind of error do you get befor the SQLException?

org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create JDBC driver of class
'' for connect URL 'null', cause:

-----Original Message-----
From: David Short [mailto:dshort@san.rr.com]
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2004 12:19 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: Tomcat, Oracle and connection caching.

I have not had a chance to test with your suggestions.  I will later
shortly.  I want to use the oci8 driver for two reasons.

1) I want better database error checking.  (for testing mostly, we can
deploy with the thin driver).
2) Performance.  The docs state the oci8 driver is faster, at least for 8i.

Thanks for you help and I'll report back with my results.