tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rina Shilo" <>
Subject how to define duplicate context in Tomcat (server.xml)
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2004 06:50:24 GMT

I want to duplicate my service that run under tomcat so I'll have it twice
on my web server under 2 different names.
(since I need 1 service running, and the second to be a test service).
My tomcat service include JS, JSP, Classes.

How to configure the tomcat to start both services?

I tried already to define it as new context in the same service in the
server.xml - and it's not worked.
I tried already to define it as new context in a new service tag in the
server.xml - and it's not worked.
Just one of them work, the second failed. seems to me its because they
include similar classes file/name.

this is how it look like:

 <Host name="Service" debug="0" appBase=""
  unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">

                 directory="c:/Program Files/Logs"  prefix="tomcat_access."
                 pattern="common" resolveHosts="false"/>

 <Context path="/A" docBase="c:\Program Files\A" crossContext="false"
debug="0" reloadable="false" />
 <Context path="/B" docBase="c:\Program Files\B" crossContext="false"
debug="0" reloadable="false" />

can someone help me in this?