tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nicholas Tham Soon Hing <>
Subject Load Balancing Problem...Urgent
Date Sun, 01 Feb 2004 08:24:34 GMT

I'm an undergraduate student from Malaysia. I'm using Tomcat 4.1.27 to
do a load balancing system. This system consists of several tomcat
servers and one of them will be the load balancer. When a user accesses
a url page, the load balancer will select a server to response to that
request. The problem that I faced now is I don't know how to make the
selected server to process the request from user browser. As I know the
tomcat connector will assign the socket to processor to process it. So
how can I send the request from load balancer connector to the connector
in that selected server? What should I send (socket? Input stream? Or
the request line? How to get these?)?After the selected server has
finished the process, how can the server send back the response to load
balancer and then the load balancer sends back to user? Can anyone help
me on this? Or is there any one has done this before? Can someone show
me the sample code for solving this problem? It's urgent. Your help is

Nicholas Tham

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message