tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Yansheng Lin" <yansheng....@silvacom.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat and SSL: problem with expiration of VeriSign Global Server ID Intermediate Root
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2004 17:33:24 GMT
Hi, what i did for my local machine(TOMCAT-STANDALONE) was regenerate the
certificate with a new date and everything worked fine.  it's supposed to be
easy.  i forgot what i did with the params actually.  well, i don't have to
worry about it for another 10 years on my local machine now:).

-yan

-----Original Message-----
From: Jörn Böckenkamp [mailto:joern.boeckenkamp@ton-art.de]
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2004 5:53 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Tomcat and SSL: problem with expiration of VeriSign Global Server ID
Intermediate Root

Hi there,

I'm using Tomcat standalone with SSL and a VeriSign certificate
on SUN Solaris 9 and Linux (debian 3.0, 2.4.25).
Now that the VeriSign Global Server ID Intermediate Root cert
has expired I have to replace the Intermediate Root cert on the
server. There is an example on how to replace the cert on an apache
server on their website (and that works fine), but no instructions
how to replace it on an standalone tomcat server.

I don't want users to have to install the new Intermediate Root cert
into their Internet Explorer or other browser ...

Does anybody now how to solve that? I have already read these pages:

https://www.verisign.com/support/site/caReplacement.html
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/ssl-howto.html
http://java.sun.com/webservices/docs/1.1/tutorial/doc/WebAppSecurity5.html
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/tooldocs/solaris/keytool.html