tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Yansheng Lin" <yansheng....@silvacom.com>
Subject RE: session.ManagerBase tries to write something?
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2004 18:10:42 GMT
Is this default behaviour new in Tomcat5?  Since I didn't do anything with the
Manager element, I am using the default StandardManager, right?   I guess this
is the main reason why I couldn't understand why it's trying to write myVO
class, i.e., persist sessions.

Is there any other way to cause tomcat to do this in Tomcat 5?  I tested the
above in tomcat 4, and I didn't get the same exception.

Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com]
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2004 10:25 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: session.ManagerBase tries to write something?

Howdy,

>I don't
>want the
>sessions to be persistent in the first place,

You need to configure tomcat not to persist sessions then.  There is
advice on this on the Manager configuration reference page as well as in
this list's archives.

Yoav Shapira

and/or privileged.  This e-mail is intended only for the individual(s) to whom
it is addressed, and may not be saved, copied, printed, disclosed or used by
anyone else.  If you are not the(an) intended recipient, please immediately