tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Yansheng Lin" <yansheng....@silvacom.com>
Subject RE: NTLM Authentication & POST Method
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2004 20:27:16 GMT

>From the servlet API:
If the parameter data was sent in the request body, such as occurs with an HTTP
POST request, then reading the body directly via getInputStream() or getReader()
can interfere with the execution of this method.

Just wondering if any of the method mentioned above being called in your
doPost()?

Hope this helps.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kumar Abhay-CAK203C [mailto:CAK203C@motorola.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 12:08 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: NTLM Authentication & POST Method

Hello,

I am using post method of sending data to servlet  from a JSP page. I am unable
to get the data by request.getParameter().
If I am using get method I am able to retrieve data from JSP page

I was just searching on Google. Actually I am using NTLM Authentication in my
Login Servlet. I think there is some conflict between NTLM Authentication and
POST method.

Any body has an idea what to do or set to get the things done ?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;DE;308074
<http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;DE;308074>

I am using code from below link:
http://www.jguru.com/faq/view.jsp?EID=1045412