tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Howard Watson" <howa...@esgw.org>
Subject Re: TOMCAT authentication
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 22:16:54 GMT
It sounds like you may need to configure IIS require authentication from the user no matter
how they get there by requireing authentication to the directory(s) with the dynamic content.
But, don't know enough about IIS to tell you how to do that.

>>> ml@db.nexgen.com 01/15/04 02:54PM >>>
Hello

I'm pretty sure this is a known issue, even though I didn't find much about
it; I'm having a problem with authenticating users in TomCat. I have an IIS
server to server static content and Tomcat to serve dynamic content, if
users knows URL that goes directly to Tomcat then Tomcat wont even ask for
use to enter his/her username and password while if user goes through first
page of IIS (where it redirects to tomcat) IIS askes user for his/her
username and password.

How do I enable authentication at Tomcat so that even if users knows direct
URL it would still ask him/her for his/her username and password?

Thank you in advance