tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Christian Witucki" <CWITU...@independenthealth.com>
Subject RE: white pages in tomcat 4.1.24
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 19:04:36 GMT
What we have done in the past to correct this white pages issue was to stop the Tomcat service,
clear the cache which I believe is in the work directory, delete those and restart tomcat.
 A browser must be open to with the URL you are trying to hit becuase that is what it uses
to render the pages.  Hope that helps.

Christian Witucki
Network Analyst
375 Essjay Road
Williamsville, NY 14221
716-631-3001 x3812

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE. This e-mail and attachments, if any, may contain confidential information
which is privileged and protected from disclosure by Federal and State confidentiality laws,
rules or regulations.  This e-mail and attachments, if any, are intended for the designated
addressee only .  If you are not the designated addressee, you are hereby notified that any
disclosure, copying, or distribution of this e-mail and its attachments, if any, may be unlawful
and may subject you to legal consequences.  If you have received this e-mail and attachments
in error, please contact Independent Health immediately at (716) 631-3001 and delete the e-mail
and its attachments from your computer.  Thank you for your attention.

>>> Thomas.Rimmele@swissinfo.ch 01/14/04 01:54PM >>>
Well, unfortunately their is no additional information. The webapp
just delivers white pages.
No log entry. normally our servlets logs every hit, but not after the crash.
You can access any page you like also noexistent ones and there is no error
message, just a white page.
We have this problem just on the machine with 24 webapps. And the problem
appeared first after we have installed 4 or 5 new webapps. Other machines
with
similar load and size, but less webapps never had this problem. All our
webapps run absolutely
the same code. We don't have unshared classes or libs.
When we used mod_webapp and an application crashed, the same webapp was
still
accessible via http connector. It is not like that anymore since we use
mod_jk2.

-Thomas