tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: Really dumb question -- how do I set up Tomcat 5 to run as a service on NT?
Date Sat, 03 Jan 2004 03:01:33 GMT
The instructions to do it manually are at
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/daemon/procrun.html.  There is also a new
'service.bat' file in the CVS
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/bin/service.bat,
that simplifies the process of manually installing Tomcat as a service.

"Chang, Betty" <bchang@datasweep.com> wrote in message
Hi -

I've looked through the docs,  and it says the following:

"Tomcat will be installed as a Windows NT/2k/XP service no matter what
setting is selected."

However,  I  never ran an installation program - I just unzipped a file.
What do I run to install Tomcat 5 as a service?  I don't see an install
program.

Please forgive if this was a really dumb question.  I did try to scour
through the docs --  but a lot of the stuff is on the older versions of
Tomcat.

Thanks

Betty