tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: Interceptors in Tomcat 3.x
Date Thu, 01 Jan 2004 22:38:59 GMT
Interceptors do the same kind of work in TC 3.x as Valves do in TC 4.x, but
they are structurally very different.  Also, I haven't worked with TC 3.2.x
in a very long time (since TC 3.3.x no longer has the RequestInterceptor
interface).

One suggestion is to extend BaseInterceptor instead of implementing
RequestInterceptor.  This way you don't have to worry about how to implement
the methods you don't care about.

Otherwise, buy 'doesn't  work' do you mean that Tomcat doesn't load your
Interceptor, or that some method doesn't seem to be getting called?