tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Giuliano Gavazzi <dev+li...@humph.com>
Subject Re: it's a bit too much
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2004 16:43:55 GMT
Sender: <tomcat-user-admin@jakarta.apache.org>

At 3:44 pm +0000 2004/01/12, Graham Reeds wrote:
>  > Sorry, but I think I will have to leave this list shortly. I am bored
>>  of getting two bounces for each message I send to it.  Adding to the
>>  bogus Symantec Mail Security I now get a bounce for mc@fornby.fhsk.se
>>  (User unknown).
>
>I just got the bounce as well in addition to the RadTools responder.

cant we do anything to avoid this? Wouldn't an Errors To: header
redirect the bounces to somewhere more useful (like
the-part-where-the-sun-does-not-shine of whoever ignored to
unsubscribe itself from the list...)?
Perhaps is because this list has got a very large user base, but,
from this point of view, it is the most annoying list I ever
joined... sigh!

This is my proposal:

Sender: <tomcat-user-admin@jakarta.apache.org>

[that I naively added to the top of this email... it will not work of course!]

Giuliano