tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Oscar Carrillo <tom...@daydream.stanford.edu>
Subject RE: tomcat4.1.24 + apache_2.0.47 + connectors-jk2.0.2
Date Sat, 03 Jan 2004 01:09:04 GMT
Hi,

Ok, I just did it for about the 5th time (mod_jk) on a completely new
installation. I even have it running with the new and improved kernel
2.6.0!

I'd say the common mistakes are:

1. Not removing the RPMS that will conflict, such as httpd and tomcat.

2. Not updating the critical updates first. nptl-devel and glibc
   primarily.

3. Trying to do a mixture of RPMS and build compiles.

4. Not setting LD_KERNEL_ASSUME=2.2.5 in case you have problems with
   threads.
   Personally, I'm not convinced that this is necessary in all cases.

5. Not configuring your environment variables right from the start

6. Then of course messing up the syntax of the config files.

John Turner's site is well-written, but I would suggest taking a look at
mine as it sometimes is clearer to someone seeing it explained two
different ways.

http://daydream.stanford.edu/tomcat/install_web_services.html

Oscar