tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Oscar Carrillo <>
Subject Re: MOD_JK2 also Fails aaaggggg@###!!!
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2004 16:12:47 GMT
I've done mod_jk many times on RH9, but not mod_jk2.

My first suggestion would be to apply all updates before trying to compile
anything, in particular:

glibc and all other related glibc packages

I don't know why you would have gone with mod_webapp before going to

Check my page if you haven't already:

On Sat, 3 Jan 2004, George Shafik wrote:

> Yep,
> without going into too much detail IT DOESN'T WORK ITS REALLY BROKE.
> Over the past 4 weeks I've made 8 REAL attempts, spent around 30 hours
> of my time and short of writing the whole thing myself I went with
>, tomcat-warp.jar for Apache 1.3.29 Tomcat 4.1.29. The
> build is stuffed and its not the version of libtool or anything else
> something is broke when you try to build on RH9 exactly what is up to
> the many lib, builds scripts between Ant and Make - if I have enough
> time over the next decade I may be able to solve it however apache
> 1.3.29 can talk to Tomcat 4.1.29 for now through webapp connector,
> Now if through some miracle someone out there has managed to REALLY
> build this on current vanilla install of RH9 (not enterprise) I want a
> copy of file, httpd.conf, serer.xml, copy of the SOURCE
> jakarta-tomcat -connector used, a README file with exactly what you did
> and the best part for last I want a dump of your system output from the
> build of the in order to make me a believer. Keep in mind I
> want to build from source no binaries and Apache 2.0.48 connecting to
> Tomcat 4.1.29 through - all built from source just in case
> you mist my point.
> Greatest apologies but like many out there I'm very frustrate when stuff
> that I really don't want to know much about stops working because of
> compromises in testing on the various platforms or the Readme files
> aren't updated along side the respective release even though this is
> after all open source.
> Cheers,
> George
> "Excellence is not an act, but a habit."
> - Aristotle -
Now when i start apache i get error ../native2/server/mod_jk2.c is not the correct version.
So i got the source and compiled it using and configure, but in my native2/server/apache2
there is no !!!! my config is rh9,tomcat 4.1.29 & apache 2.0.48. At this point
i want to take a shotgun and blow my comp. What is wrong here?
> regards
> suneel

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: