tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Milt Epstein <mepst...@uiuc.edu>
Subject context configuration file being overwritten
Date Sun, 01 Feb 2004 04:19:16 GMT

Hi there.  I'm using tomcat 5.0.18 basically out of the box.  I set up
a webapp in a directory outside the <tomcat>/webapps directory.  So I
created a context configuration file for the webapp, and put a
symbolic link to it in <tomcat>/conf/Catalina/localhost.  This was
all per the documentation and the source.

So, everything starts up fine, the webapp works, but the context
configuration file gets overwritten/truncated (i.e., it is then an
empty file).  The same thing happens with 5.0.16.  This doesn't happen
when I place a copy of the actual configuration file in that
directory, instead of a symbolic link.  (I'm trying to place as little
as possible in the tomcat directory structure, to ease upgrade issues
and such.)

Any idea what's going on here?  I searched all over and couldn't find
any discussion of a similar issue.

FWIW, my system is Linux (Fedora Core 1).

Thanks!

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
mepstein@uiuc.edu